Job Number: 14-BTG-476A
Senior RF Electronic Technician/Team Leader
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure that RF Systems function according to engineering specifications and provide leadership to Custom Products Cell
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Responsibilities as Team leader:
1. Provide leadership and direction to provide a safe operation at all times.
2. Coordinate all activities of the Department
3. Facilitate training and set expectations for Associates in safety, equipment, operations, corrective action, productivity and quality.
4. Tie the expectations to the Company goals through performance planning.
5. Collaborate with All functional areas as required.
6. Provide team with measurement tools and expectations to report critical operating parameters.
7. Provide leadership for continuous improvement with a team approach to problem-solving and decision making.
8. Ensure individual development of all Associates through the performance management process.
Specific Responsibilities as Team Leader:
1. Prioritize and assign jobs, monitor variances.
2. Implement skills training for Associates, order tools and supplies, assist in budget preparation.
3. Ensure that appropriate records, instructions and prints are maintained.
4. Enforce policies and procedures.
5. Be a team resource by providing general/technical information, alert team members to the impact of their decisions, provide accurate and timely feedback to Associates on team results.
6. Encourage team discussions and decision-making.
7. Follow-up on issues and review status with Team.
8. Build trust among team members, by listening to concerns and setting expectations for working together, use One to One coaching.
9. Provide the benchmark for a positive role model.
10. Identify morale issues and seek help to resolve.
Specific Responsibilities as RF Technician
1. Test and Tune systems to achieve acceptable specifications for RF power, insertion loss, return loss, impedance and spectral purity.
2. Build, assemble, and complete designs for RF systems for both mechanical layout and electrical specifications.
3. Work closely with sales and engineering to complete the development / design of RF systems in production.
4. Work in a quality manner to achieve results to customer requirements.
5. Maintain production metrics such as on time delivery and inventory control.
6. Must be able to work in a team based, work environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED as RF Technician
· Proficiency with setting up and operating; Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Power Meters, etc.
· Understand and be able to work from; Block diagrams, Schematics, and Blueprints.
· Very good math skills
· General electronic knowledge
· Basic computer skills
· Specialized training in basic principles or techniques in a specific area acquired through up to eighteen (18) months of education or training beyond the high school level.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED
· Two-way radio experience, Knowledge of wireless communication.
· Required: Associates Degree Electronics or equivalent work experience
· Preferred: BS Electrical Engineering/Technology Degree
· Two to three years working in a leadership role
- Three to five years related experience building and testing custom electronic systems.
EOE/AA/VETERANSGeneral FunctionsKnowledge/Skills/CompetenciesWill accept a trainee?
NoJob LengthWork Hours