Bird Technologies - The RF Experts
Find the Leading RF Job Opportunities with Bird Technologies - The RF Experts
Explore job opportunities for Bird Technologies: search and apply online today. The following links list RF engineering job opportunities and benefits currently available at Bird Electronic (Solon, OH), TX RX Systems (Angola, NY) and X-COM Systems (Reston, VA). Click on a link to view more information about RF engineering job opportunities and benefits. Attach a resume representing your skills, knowledge and experience.
DSP EngineerView Details | Apply Now Posted: 02/13/2014
Job Number: 14-BTG-429S
The DSP/FPGA Engineer is expected to design, construct, test, and maintain DSP and FPGA software & firmware in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment, under the supervision of the Software Design Manager. The work may relate to product development, business systems, processes, or methods. General Functions
The primary responsibilities of this DSP/FPGA Engineer are the design of DSP algorithms and the implementation of these algorithms in FPGAs and software applications. Additional responsibilities include general FPGA firmware design, and support to other functional groups in the company or to customers relating to these technologies. This person will be expected to contribute to all phases of development (requirements, design, construction, test/validation, and configuration/release management) for new and sustaining projects. The engineer will be expected to work productively with colleagues on software and cross functional teams, and will be expected to organize and manage tasks queues and deadlines, and to code and deliver results. Work is expected to be conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with BTG software/firmware standards and processes and industry best practices.
- Digital Signal Processing (FPGAs and Software Platforms)
- Digital firmware in FPGAs (Xilinx, Altera, etc)
- Ability to express concepts, consequences and tradeoffs (speaking/writing/diagramming).
- Strong engineering ethic (detail, quality, accuracy, communication, honesty, etc).
- Ability to carry out R&D
- Ability to work effectively with teams of varying skills and personalities (collaborative, constructive, flexible).
Will accept a trainee?
- Masters of Science in DSP related specialty or equivalent professional experience (3 years minimum of explicit DSP design)
- Matlab/Simulink system modeling
- Xilinx/Altera FPGA design with VHDL or Verilog
- Xilinx Sytem Generator/Altera DSP Builder
- FPGA verification with Mentor or Aldec toolsets
- Programming languages (C/C++/C#, Python, etc)
- Use of test equipment (Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, etc)
- Familiarity with RF industry applications & instrumentation.
Full TimeWork Hours
Marketing and Communications
Senior Sales ManagerView Details | Apply Now Posted: 02/19/2014
Job Number: 13-BTG-453A
Role ObjectiveResponsible for planning and execution of sales strategy for North America of DeltaNode (DAS) products. This position entails the management of Key OEM (Carrier) customers, value added resellers, manufacturing reps, and Integrators in the region. This position requires strong leadership, recruiting and coaching skills to motivate the regional sales force in revenue generation. Additionally, the NA Sales will work in concert with CEO (of DeltaNode), Product Management Application Engineering and Marketing to pursue additional avenues of business development for increased revenue opportunities. Travel throughout the region for complete territory management, is necessary to understand the business environment and the business potential of the region covered by these channel partnersGeneral Functions
Responsible for sales and support of DeltaNode (DAS) products in North America. Appointment and management of the Sales channel partners in the region for DeltaNode.
- Develop and drive the sales strategy for DeltaNode (DAS) products in region.
- Development and management of all regional channel partner contracts and agreements.
- Manage the direct OEM Carrier business in region.
- Direct sales resources and activities to maximize sales revenues and meet defined objectives.
- Support the Demand Management process and performance, including customer and order management.
- Develop sales forecasts (monthly, quarterly, and annual revenues) in support of S &OP
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in the company’s products
- Provide regular assessments of sales channel performance, implementing training and other improvements as needed.
- Recommends and provides regular (trip and market condition) reports to Bird management.
- Identification of potential growth area and business trend.
- Direct Key Account (top customer) management activities.
- Act as a conduit for marketing to help refine product positioning, customer feedback and product improvements.
- Take a lead in implementing pro-active competitive strategies.
- Participate in an on-going assessment and recruitment of channel partners that help fortify the company’s market position.
- Oversee development of training aids and presentations for new hires, customers, and sales channels.
- Management of expenses in compliance with plan and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent. Significant experience (5-10 years) in highly technical sales. The Sales Manager should have sales and marketing experience, preferable a minimum of five years. Background in Fiber Optic (DAS) and RF technology is necessary for effectiveness in the promotions of products. A strong background in the wireless (cellular) DAS marketplace in desired. Knowledge of the different business environments in NA is needed. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Good presentation skills, problem solving and good personal relationship skills is helpful in the development of customer relationships. Experience managing a Sales channel.Will accept a trainee?
NoJob LengthWork Hours