Job Number: 14-BTG-473X
ROLE OBJECTIVE: Provides design support for new product development, sales, quality, and sustained engineering support for manufacturing.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Software Engineer is responsible for all elements of software development related to X-COM’s RF record, playback and analysis products. Responsibilities include requirements and specifications gathering, programming, testing/debugging, code maintenance and version control. This position will involve collaboration with RF, hardware, test and other software engineers and will be accomplished under the supervision of the Engineering Manager. Completion of job responsibilities will be through both internal and external contacts and accomplished in a timely and ethical manner.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support some or all of the following types of software development efforts:
a) Graphical user interface development for PC-based applications in Windows and/or Linux
b) User interface development for LCD/Touchscreen devices controlled by an embedded processor or microcontroller
c) TCP/UDP IP network-based client-server software to control instruments
d) Software to control various interfaces running on an embedded processor (ARM/PowerPC)
e) Creation of installer packages for both Windows and/or Linux
f) Automation in software of regression and production testing functions
g) Instrument control software for 3rd party tools such as MATLAB and LabVIEW
h) Development, testing and documentation of APIs
i) Driver or driver interface software development in Windows and/or Linux (e.g. PCIe)
j) Implementation of digital signal processing algorithms on GPU or Intel x86 platforms (single/multiple processors or cores)
2. Document, design, implement and test software solutions.
3. Provide technical assistance to other HW/SW/Test engineers, sales, QA, customer service and customers as required.Knowledge/Skills/Competencies
- Level of Education – Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with user interface and client-server application development.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented, multi-threaded design in PC-based and/or embedded platforms.- Excellent programming skills – C/C++/C#, .NET, Python.- Familiar with networking and TCP and UDP communications.
- Familiar with development in Microsoft Visual Studio and using Eclipse and GCC/G++ compilers.
- Experience with source code version control systems (Git, Subversion, CVS, Microsoft VSS, etc).
- Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset: Qt (and/or graphical user interface design experience in Linux), SCPI, NSIS, RAID/storage concepts, PCI Express, Windows or Linux driver development, multi-core/multiprocessor programming, knowledge of digital signal processing, MATLAB, LabVIEW.
- Excellent PC skills including word processing and spreadsheets. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants must be able to obtain US Government Security Clearance.
Bird Technologies offers a competitive wage/benefit package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, and gainsharing bonus.
EEO/m/f/disability/VetsWill accept a trainee?
NoJob LengthWork Hours